CDS requires that export declarations state the transport methods for inland, border and departure. This information consists of the method of transport, an identifier, the nationality of the transport, and how the transport was paid for. HMRC guidance on transport information can be found here.
To enter this information, follow the steps below:
- On the Export declaration tab, locate the Transport section.
- Enter the Means dep. type and then the corresponding identifier in the Means departure ID field. For example, if 30 is used as the Means dep. type, then the Means departure ID will be the vehicle registration.
- The same information needs to be entered for the Means type border and Means border ID.
- In the Nat. means border field, enter the nationality of the active means of transport crossing the Union's external border.
- In the Payment method field, enter the method of payment for the transport charges, where available.
- The Office of exit data element is mandatory and must be completed in all cases, even where the office of export and office of exit are the same. Enter the customs office by which it is intended that the goods should leave the customs territory of the Union.