Carrier Connect is the cloud-based integration of your transport service providers (e.g. label printing, EDI, and loading list).
- For several years already, AEB has worked successfully with the now established follow-up solution Carrier Connect for label printing without Bartender software. This is your alternative to the Bartender solution that is being phased out.
Carrier Connect does not require Bartender software, includes services for routing data, service areas, installation of service packages, current security standards, and licenses for label printing software.
- This completely relieves your IT department of the drudgery of updates and maintenance.
You can freely select your transport service providers (according to the latest system description) and switch between them flexibly.
Transport service provider modules (EDI, manifest, load planning) from ASSIST4 Dispatch will be actively maintained by AEB until March 31, 2021. After that, these software components will be passively maintained and supported for another year.
After March 31, 2022, support from AEB will end.
As from April 1, this means the following:
- No more development of new features
- No more changes or adjustments if, for example, there are new requirements from the transport service provider
- No more troubleshooting
- No more support
- Invoicing of license fees will be terminated at the end of the contractually regulated period of use
This includes as well the use of Bartender software for printing labels for carriers and so-called non-carriers. (Official support of provider Seagull Scientific for Bartender version 10.1 ended on November 9, 2019.)
Advise for usage of Bartender until March 31, 2022: A change to the subsequent Bartender version 2016 is not mandatory from AEB’s side, as long as you do not change anything in the currently used system environment.
If you plan to migrate your operating system to Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 (supported by Bartender 2016 only), you will need to migrate from Bartender 10.1 to 2016.
AEB will not support the subsequent Bartender version 2019.
Migrate to Carrier Connect
Since this is a new system and the label & EDI formats can have a more recent status, for example, this is a new carrier connection from the project’s point of view.
The project itself consists of the following phases:
- Configuration of Carrier Connect and connection to ASSIST4 Dispatch system by AEB
- Carrier setup in Carrier Connect and ASSIST4. AEB fills the master data as far as possible.
- Functional tests
- Approval by the carrier (you create test cases, AEB supports if required)
Would you like to migrate?
For the migration to AEB’s new Carrier Connect software product, we propose to schedule a joint change project. At the beginning, we clarify with you the general conditions and whether any previous customer-specific adaptations from ASSIST4 need to be taken into account.
If you decide to migrate to the Carrier Connect follow-up solution, we will be happy to provide you with an offer. Please fill in the questionnaire and perform an automatic system measurement in your system. We need this information as a basis for the offer.
Click here to be forwarded to the questionnaire (in German language)
Here you will find the instructions for how to perform the system measurement.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.