In License Management you can manage the information in your licenses for export transactions and movements. The Assistant tells you which fields are required.
License Management distinguishes between various license types that are used to classify licenses and can represent the licenses of various countries. Each license type also controls the dataset of all licenses of that type.
General licenses and license exceptions are part of the data service if you also use Export Controls. The lawmakers’ wording of many of these licenses is such that they cannot immediately be screened automatically. However, you may still be able to automatically screen some of these general licenses and license exceptions making use of company-specific features. Then you can additionally maintain these licenses in your licenses for export transactions and movements for this purpose.
Data you can maintain
You can administer the following data in the license, depending on the license type:
- Basic data (validity period of license, etc.)
- Excluded end-uses
- Approved countries or excluded countries, additionally:
- Specification of dates as from or up to which a country is considered for (or excluded from) a license
- Specification of approved or excluded country groups
- Approved business partners, e.g. companies, additionally:
- Manage company groups that you can select for individual business partners in the license
- Configure the software such that business partners in the license or approval cannot be manually edited and can instead only be copied from the master data. This option is especially useful if you automatically synchronize business partners from a host system to License Management and are only allowed to make changes to business partner data in the host system.
- Approved goods attributes with value ranges (export control number, etc.), additionally:
- Specification of dates as from or up to which a goods attribute is considered for a license
- Items of the license. Here you can also specify the following:
- Value or quantity limits
- Goods attributes such as export control number or ECCN
- Dates as from or up to which a goods attribute is considered for a license item
- For US EAR licenses: Reasons for control
- References to other licenses, such as the predecessors of the current license
Licenses offer the following functions:
- Conditions associated with the license and whose fulfillment can be monitored
- Code for customs export declarations
- Text to be printed on shipping documents in a linked host system
- Mandatory documents (such as end-user undertakings) whose presence and validity you wish to have monitored
The creation, modification, and deletion of licenses is logged.