Carrier Connect provides you with all the fields required to process shipping orders with each specific carrier and under the specific terms of each shipping order.
Overview of shipping order data
- The data needed to process shipping orders is typically transferred from your host system using a web service interface. You also have the option to input the data directly in the Carrier Connect interface to add missing data or fix incorrect data.
Carrier-neutral required fields in the shipping order
The following carrier-neutral required fields are completed in Carrier Connect or from data transferred to Carrier Connect:
- Reference number of shipping order
- Shipping point and consignee address (name, street address, postal code, city, country, company number of shipping point)
- Carrier and service
- Package and package data (dimensions, weight)
Other fields in the shipping order
The type and number of other fields vary depending on the requirements of the specific carrier or the context of the shipping order. These include:
- Services and value-added services
- Other addresses (such as a cover address)
- Info texts (such as “hydraulic lift required”)
- Other references and texts (such as an MRN)
- Air and ocean freight data
- Hazardous goods data
- Goods value, customs value, item-level commodity code and country of origin for dutiable shipments
- Description of contents
- Consignee contact information
Validating shipping order data and printing shipping labels
Carrier Connect validates that the shipping order data you enter or transmit is complete but does not check its accuracy.
Once all the content required by the carrier has been entered, the status of the shipping order changes to “Ready to print labels” and you can print the shipping labels.