- This functionality is available only for movements under suspension of excise duty.
Before you can split an EMCS movement (submission), the following conditions must be met:
- The movement must have the status of either Valid or Rejected.
- The movement must consist solely of energy products – the product codes of all items must begin with E.
The process of splitting a movement is divided into two convenient steps:
- First, you split the EMCS movement into downstream movements. EMCS Filing checks only rudimentary data.
- Then, you process the EMCS downstream movements. Once you have entered all the data correctly, you can send a split message to customs.
Splitting EMCS movements into downstream movements
Proceed as follows:
- The movement has the status of Valid or Rejected and consists only of items with “E” at the beginning of the product code.
- The opened movement features the link Start splitting in the Assistant pane.
- EMCS Filing displays the Split sheet. Here you find the basic data of the split, lists with the movement items to be split and the downstream movements that have already been created. A newly split movement does not yet have any downstream movements.
When assigning an item to an existing downstream movement, keep in mind that you must first highlight this downstream movement in the list.
- A new entry appears in the list of downstream movements.
- To undo the split confirmation, go to the Assistant pane and click the Change splitting link.
Finalizing EMCS movements
Proceed as follows:
- You have split an EMCS movement and completed this split by clicking on the Confirm splitting Assistant message.
- The downstream movement contains the data fields of the original movement, but the fields that you already defined in the first step of the splitting process were adjusted accordingly.
- When you have completed the data of all the downstream movements, you are back in the originally split movement again.
- EMCS Filing closes the original movement. This movement now has the status of Splitting sent.
Wait for the customs office to confirm the splitting. Once this confirmation has arrived, EMCS Filing treats the downstream movements as new, independent movements. You can find these movements in the EMCS movements (submission) overview. The original movement is assigned the status of Complete.
- There is a relationship in EMCS Filing between the original movement and the downstream movements.
In the original movement, go to the Split sheet to see the downstream movements. The downstream movement contains a link to the original movement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.