If the consignee of the EMCS movement has rejected some or all of the goods, the EMCS movement cannot be completed.
The report of receipt (C_DEL_DAT) sent by the consignee is then forwarded to you. Once you have received it, the status of the EMCS movement changes to Rejected.
Now you are expected to change the destination for the rejected goods. This change must be made before the goods can be received by the new consignee.
- If you have configured EMCS Filing to send an email notification when the event Submission has received a complaint occurs, then EMCS Filing sends an email.
To identify whether an EMCS movement has been rejected:
- Go to the Desktop of EMCS Filing.
- If one or more of the EMCS movements that you submitted has been rejected, you will see the Rejected EMCS movements widget, which tells you the number of affected EMCS movements.
- The rejections are also displayed in the Assistant pane under Events.
- In the Rejected EMCS movements widget, click the Show rejections button.
- This calls up an EMCS movements (submission) overview displaying only those movements that have been fully or partially rejected by the consignee. Rejected EMCS movements are indicated by the status of Rejected and the icon in the Info column.
- Open a movement.
- The Assistant alerts you to the rejection and gives you instructions on how to proceed.
To modify the destination for the non-accepted quantity:
- Open a rejected EMCS movement and switch to the Report of receipt sheet.
- Here you can find the changes made by the consignee.
- Under Adjusted items, open an item.
- Here you’ll see the quantity differences and the reasons given by the consignee for the rejection.
- Click the text in the Assistant pane.
- This opens the Change of destination window.
- Here you must enter at least one new destination and/or place of delivery for the rejected goods in the EMCS movement.
- Click the Send change of destination button.
- EMCS Filing then sends the change of destination message (C_UPD_DAT).
- The status of the EMCS movement changes back to Valid.
- Open the EMCS movement. Here you will find the information on the change of destination on the new Change destination sheet.
- If the change of destination is accepted by the customs office, the C_UPD_DAT message is sent back to you.
- The EMCS movement retains the status of Valid until you receive the report of receipt for discharge.
- If you have designated your own company as the new destination, the customs office sends the EMCS movement to you for discharge. You are expected to properly discharge the EMCS movement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.