In some cases, you may need to rename a Good Guy list, for example, if you want to replace a Good Guy list or merge two Good Guy lists.
To determine the name of a Good Guy list in the target client with its exact string, it may be necessary to first export this Good Guy list and thus create a DAT file. Then you can rename the file to be imported accordingly.
Proceed as follows to determine the name of a Good Guy list:
- Export the Good Guy list for which you wish to determine the name. See Exporting a Good Guy list from a client.
- Open the exported DAT file in an editor (e.g. Notepad++).
- Search for the
<Name>tag: The name of the Good Guy list is between this tag and the
<Name>List for testing</Name>: The exact string of the name is “List for testing”, it will be displayed as “List for testing”.
- You can now use this name to rename the Good Guy list you want to import.
Proceed as follows to rename a Good Guy list:
- You must have already exported the Good Guy list to be renamed: See Exporting a Good Guy list from a client.
- You can now import this file into your target client to replace a Good Guy list of the same name there or to merge the contents of this Good Guy list with a Good Guy list of the same name.
Please sign in to leave a comment.