For the service provider "Dachser Road Freight" (Europe), Dachser provides a new web service connection for road transport so that the routing data is received via web service. The routing contains all the necessary information to transport packages on the best possible route to its destination.
With Carrier Connect release 10/2022, AEB has already made all preparations so that you can start the migration as from now.
- Merge six into one: Since Carrier Connect release 10/2022, all six European Dachser connections have been merged to become Dachser Road Freight (Europe). To this end, the service provider connection "Dachser Road Freight Germany" was renamed "Dachser Road Freight Europe" and the "Dachser Road" connections for the countries of dispatch France, Netherlands, Sweden, Slovakia, and Hungary were merged into it.
Is a migration necessary if you already use a Dachser connection?
No. Migration to the new web service connection is not mandatory.
Who should do the migration
The migration is worthwhile for you if you are already working productively in Carrier Connect with a Dachser Road Freight integration and would like to connect additional European countries of dispatch or have already connected several European countries of dispatch.
- The "Dachser Road Freight Europe" connection then becomes the sole service provider connection, in which the various country characteristics are set up as separate accounts.
Your advantage is also that routing data is always transmitted directly from Dachser in real time during label printing and is therefore always correct in terms of data. Your packages will be delivered without delay.
You can easily complete the configuration in Carrier Connect yourself in just a few steps:
Step 1: Create the API key via the Dachser API portal
For the web service call, first create the API key via the Dachser API portal. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Register via "Create Account" and open "MySubscriptions".
- Use "Create New App" to create the app with the title "[Company Name] - CarrierConnect"
- Be sure to save the "API KEY" and the "SECRET" code.
- Open the "API Library" and select "routing (REST API) 2.11.0".
- Select „Get Access“.
- Select "Full environment" so that the request is made for the production system.
- Select the app you created in step 2).
- Confirm "Subscription" via "next".
- You can log out.
- Contact your Dachser contact and ask whether the API key has been released for productive use.
- For queries, enter a request in the AEB Help Center.
Step 2: Preparations
- Ensure that you have the I_CAI_SETUPCARRIERS role for changes to carrier configurations in Carrier Connect. For queries, enter a request in the AEB Help Center.
- We recommend making the changes at a time of day when you are not printing labels or completing pickups. Or use your test system first.
Step 3: Create a new account "DACHSER_STD" in Carrier Connect
- Log in to Carrier Connect and navigate to the account overview of the Dachser Road Freight Europe carrier configuration (Master data – Carrier configurations – open the "Dachser Road Freight Europe" carrier configuration – Accounts sheet).
- Open your current account and make a note of all the data, as you can apply it to the new account. Change the account condition to Never (arrow icon under Account selection – Condition). Close the account again.
- Add another account with the abbreviation "DACHSER_STD" via New . You can then rename this as you wish.
- Enter your account data in the same way as for your "old" account and maintain your API key under Additional customer data – API key.
- The data for the Conditions and EDI configurations sheets you also apply from your "old" account.
- Save and close the carrier configuration.
Step 4: Test and approval before going live
- Enter representative shipping orders in your test system – this is also possible directly via the user interface in Carrier Connect.
- Print the labels. If you can print labels as usual without any problems, everything is fine.
- For security, check the communication logs to see if the web service was invoked: Open a shipping order and select Logs – Communication logs from the menu. A green check mark indicates that the call was successful.
- Contact Dachser and ask whether the API key has been released for productive use.
Step 5: To-dos after the successful go-live
Once you've ensured that shipping with the new web service works flawlessly, clean up any outdated entries in the carrier configuration: Delete the old account.
How to place an order with AEB for the migration
If you are unable to perform the migration yourself, you have the option of placing an order with AEB. To do so, enter a request in the AEB Help Center with the subject "Migration Dachser Road Freight Europe in Carrier Connect".
Who to contact with questions
For queries, enter a request in the AEB Help Center with the subject "Migration Dachser Road Freight Europe in Carrier Connect".