Once you have received the final transaction number from BAFA, you can continue processing this ELAN-K2 transaction – to submit another document, for example. You also have the option to wait and see which information the processor at BAFA still needs from you.
All communication with BAFA about an ELAN-K2 transaction goes through messages that BAFA sends to you or that you send to BAFA. These messages are like emails and can contain one or more attachments or documents in the TXT, PDF, or TIF file formats. You can compose written messages in the Message field.
Refer to the appropriate section below, depending on whether you have received a new message from BAFA or wish to send a new message to BAFA.
Proceed as follows to process a message from BAFA:
- In the filter fields above the ELAN-K2 transactions overview, leave the Waiting for applicant box ticked while unticking the Waiting for BAFA checkbox. This filters the overview to show only transactions with the status of Waiting for applicant.
- The ELAN-K2 transaction must have advanced to the processing status of Waiting for applicant.
- You must have received an email, which happens only if you previously entered your email address in the basic data of the ELAN-K2 transaction.
- If the BAFA status changed and a document was transmitted at the same time, you’ll see two separate messages.
- The arrow icon in the Type column indicates whether the message was sent or received: message sent by you to BAFA: ; message received by you from BAFA: .
Proceed as follows to send a message or document to BAFA:
- You must be logged in as an administrator (I_ADMIN role) or have the LM master data maintenance role.
The I_ADMIN role is available only with on-premise installations.
- A new message to BAFA opens.
- The Import file window opens.
Please sign in to leave a comment.